Sunday, June 16, 2013

Child / Save Yourself

"child" sink into each layer of my skin / dress yourself in my innocence / drown your guilt in my ocean of tears / restless overbearing fears / when you were a man / and i was a child / things were so different / things were so wild / when you walked away / i felt so betrayed / i was so naive / but i was so brave / huh huh huh huh / try to make me walk away / turn around / it's a new day / look into the deep pits of my eyes / i can see right through your lies / chorus

"save yourself" you patch me up / you tell me lies / such a sweet surprise / and to your death / remains respect / for what can't be seen by eyes / in every fiber / of your soul / lies a man whose story isn't told / i know his name / i know his fate / i share the same / but you'll make it to the end / you won't have to pretend / just open up your eyes / wake up inside / i know you'll make it through / i believe in you / put the past behind / save yourself in time / i call you up / in the middle of the night / to see if you're alright / i pace the floor / i wanted more / of your delicate might / i feel hollow / when you're not around / all is silent / not a sound / i know you'd die to save my life / but i'd miss you so much i'd die / chorus / lifting spirits / they take me away / when you kiss me / night is day / soaring / gliding / dreaming / flying / to another place / chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment